If you play sports or are a fitness enthusiast, an injury can occur at any moment. Whether it is a strained muscle, or a fracture, sports injuries are difficult to recover from. Moreover, they can significantly affect your life and daily activities. At The Russell Center for Chiropractic & Sports Medicine in Beverly, MA, we provide comprehensive chiropractic care to reduce any discomfort you may be experiencing and help you heal.
What Are the Most Common Sports Injuries?
There are various injuries that can occur due to sports. Some common sports injuries include:
- Strains and Sprains — When ligaments are torn or stretched, a strain or sprain can happen. This type of sports injury can cause pain, joint stiffness, back pain, and limit your mobility.
- Tennis Elbow — This injury often occurs due to repetitive arm movements. It results in tenderness and pain outside of your elbow. Often, it affects athletes who play racket sports, such as tennis and golf.
- Runner's Knee — Athletes who engage in spots that require constant knee bending can risk a runner’s knee injury. This injury can cause symptoms like joint pain, ankle pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
- Shin Splints — This type of injury is especially prevalent in athletes engaging in high-impact sports, as well as jumping and running. The chance of a shin splint occurring is higher if you wear improper footwear.
- Shoulder Injuries — This sports injury often occurs due to overhead movements. These injuries cause pain and take a long time to recover.
- Concussions — Concussions are traumatic brain injuries resulting from a jolt or blow to the head. Athletes who play contact sports, such as football, hockey, and rugby, are more likely to get this type of sports injury.
Regardless of the type of injury, you should always seek medical assistance immediately. The worst thing you can do is postpone your visit to a doctor.
How Can a Chiropractor Help with Sports Injuries?
Chiropractors can be highly beneficial for sports injuries. Regardless of the type of injury that you have, it is important to seek treatment as soon as possible. We utilize chiropractic adjustments and targeted therapies to help your body function normally, alleviate pain, and reduce inflammation. Sometimes, we combine treatments strengthen your body and help you heal faster.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you are suffering from a sports injury, our team at The Russell Center for Chiropractic & Sports Medicine in Beverly, MA, is happy to help. To learn more about the treatments that we offer or to schedule your initial consultation, call us at (978) 927-2607 today. We look forward to assisting you with your recovery process!