TISSUE REGENERATIVE THERAPY
What is it?
SOFTWAVE Therapy is a non-invasive treatment of low energy acoustic wave pulsations (shockwaves), for pain relief and rapid recovery.
SOFTWAVE Therapy is used in the treatment of many musculoskeletal conditions, primarily those involving connective tissues such as ligaments and tendons. It has been shown to aid in fracture healing and neuropathology. Beneficial effects are often seen after only 1 - 3 sessions.
What are shockwaves?
Shockwaves are high-energy audible soundwaves applied to specific areas of treatment. Shockwave peak pressure is approximately 1000 times greater than an ultrasound wave.
How SOFTWAVE therapy works in your body.
Shockwaves accelerates the healing process by activating the body’s self-healing powers. They stimulate the metabolism and enhance the blood circulation by promoting neovascularization. Damaged areas gradually regenerate and heal.
How is the treatment performed?
- Identification of the painful region and establish measurable priorities.
- Gel is then applied to the treatment area to allow conduction of shockwaves into the body.
- Shockwaves are generated by an applicator and manually moved over the painful region in consistent motion.
Benefits of SOFTWAVE therapy treatment:
- Regenerative not degenerative
- No anesthesia
- Minimal risk of side effects
- Often immediate relief of chronic and acute pain
- Each session takes only 10-15 minutes
Is the treatment painful? Any downtime? Most patients find the process very tolerable. There is no downtime involved – patients can return to most regular activities almost immediately after treatment.
Patients having bleeding disorders, using blood thinners or NSAIDS, are in cancer treatment, have certain cardiac conditions or pacemaker, have had cortisone injections recently or taken steroid medication, have open wounds or infection, are pregnant or under 16 years of age may not be candidates for ESWT. Please call with any questions you may have.
SOFTWAVE TREATMENT INTRODUCTION SPECIAL $49. CALL FOR APPOINTMENT.