Sports Injury Treatment in Beverly, MA, at The Russell Center for Chiropractic & Sports Medicine
Every year, millions of Americans sustain sports injuries which prevent them from doing the activities they love. If left untreated, a sports injury can turn into a chronic issue that disrupts other areas of a person's life, including work and sleep! At The Russell Center for Chiropractic & Sports Medicine, our Beverly chiropractic team knows how frustrating a sports injury can be. That's why we're committed to providing natural and non-invasive care to help you or your loved one heal from or even prevent an injury as quickly and fully as possible.
Types of Sports Injuries Seen by Our Beverly Chiropractor
Players of certain sports, including high-impact and full contact sports, are inherently more prone to injury. However, a sports injury can occur in virtually any type of physical activity and at any level of competition. Our Beverly chiropractor frequently evaluates and treats the following types of sports injuries:
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Back pain, neck pain, and joint pain (e.g., shoulder, knee, hip)
- Inflammatory issues such as plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, bursitis, and medial or lateral epicondylitis
- Nerve impingement syndrome, such as sciatica or cervical radiculopathy
- Joint dislocations
- Whiplash and post-concussion syndrome
Risk Factors for Sports Injury
The good news is that many of these factors are both treatable and avoidable! The following risk factors may increase the likelihood of a person sustaining a sports injury:
- Over-training (doing "too much too soon" or not resting enough between training days)
- Poor hydration, nutrition, and/or sleep
- Not properly warming up or cooling down
- Not addressing underlying areas of restrictions, weakness, or postural imbalances
- Running surface
- Repetitive movement, especially lifting, jarring, pivoting, pounding, twisting, or overhead movements
- Poor technique and breathing strategies
- Ill-fitting or improper equipment
How Chiropractic Care Can Treat or Prevent Sports Injury
Staying physically active and fit throughout your life is essential for optimizing your physical and mental well-being, but there's nothing like a sports injury to throw you off your game. If you have an acute or chronic sports injury, it's a good move to seek chiropractic care. Our services include:
- Chiropractic adjustments help realign your spine and maximize your central nervous system function and activation
- Exercises help you regain postural awareness, speed tissue healing, increase circulation, and optimize strength and mobility
- Lifestyle counseling, including tips on improving sleep, hydration, and nutrition, helps maximize your wellness both on and off the field
- Acupuncture to help with pain and dysfunction
Our services are always drug-free, non-invasive, and completely individualized to meet YOUR specific needs and goals.
Need Sports Injury Treatment in Beverly, MA?
Contact The Russell Center for Chiropractic & Sports Medicine at (978) 927-2607 to schedule an appointment.